Day 7. *with an update*January 16, 2011 at 7:16 am | Posted in IVF #4: I'm STILL doing this? | 5 Comments
The irony of this being my fourth IVF cycle and I’m still a great responder is not lost on me.
Apparently I’m great at making eggs and embryos!
Just not so much at getting pregnant.
I’m entering the “yep, this sort of sucks” phase of IVF. Where I can feel my ovaries all the time. Where I’m sore and tired and have belly bruises and done with the stim headaches and sortt of just want this to be over.
I’m not certain that I’ll get to trigger today. I’m hoping, but my largest follicle was only at 15mm on Friday and my E2 was below 1000.
Even if they’re super growers, I doubt all of them will be big enough today in order to trigger. Maybe, but I’m not holding my breath.
Which means that we’re talking Wednesday or Thursday retrieval.
Which, you know, would be FINE. Means I’d make it to retrieval without any cancellation for over or under stimulation. Given that I HAVE been cancelled in the past, I’ll be happy to avoid that.
Because yeah, I may want this over, but I REALLY don’t want to do this again.
A fresh cycle, that is. I’d be okay with FETs, though I don’t expect to ever get pregnant from them, since my success rate is one miscarriage out of 5 transfers. But I’d be okay with doing them.
So anyway. I’m heading to my clinic shortly for ultrasound and bloodwork and should have an update later today.
Just heard from my clinic – thank goodness. On the weekends they usually call me in the morning. Not hearing from them was really disconcerting.
But I was right. At my ultrasound this morning, the tech saw 13 follicles, the biggest of which was only 17.7mm. She also saw a “number” of follies which were not measurable.
And my E2 today was 2700-something.
I’m to continue my meds as is – no scaling back – and go in for monitoring tomorrow morning at 6:45.
And because I
nagged asked, she told me I’d probably trigger tomorrow or Tuesday for a Wednesday or Thursday retrieval.
It’s really hard for me to NOT worry about overstimulation, but it’s looking like my doctor was right.
I probably should trust that they know what they’re doing, too.
Working on that.