Top Ten Reasons Why OHSS Isn’t THAT Bad.January 27, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Posted in IVF #4: I'm STILL doing this? | 16 Comments
10. You get out of shoveling the yet-another-foot of New England snow and can burrow deeper into the flannel sheets and down comforter while your husband grumbles out there in the dark.
9. The lack of caffeinated coffee in the morning means no post-lunch crash.
8. Drinking that much gatorade makes you feel like you’re some sort of hard core athlete – and you keep people at Gatorade employed, nearly single-handedly.
7. Cheez-its at 9am. (Need I say more?)
6. Figuring out NOW what sort of clothes in your wardrobe works to camouflage what looks like a 12-15 week belly such that your coworkers don’t notice.
5. New business idea that emerges from visual inspection of your pee every time you visit the bathroom: visual coding of urine concentration.
4. Your clinic forbidding you to engage in exercise of any kind means that the earliest your alarm clock rings is 6am, instead of the 4:30 it rings when you have to do your 5-6 mile runs.
3. A gain of 1-2lbs is easily excused as fluid issues, not the pizza and ice cream you had the day before.
2. You don’t feel bad leaving the dishes in the sink and instead watch TV under a blanket on the couch at night.
1. You still have a chance of being pregnant.